by Rosemary Fields
What makes an entrepreneur an entrepreneur? Is it the company they started, their mindset or a combination of the two? While everyone is different, most entrepreneurs tend to think alike and possess some of the same characteristics.
1. Creative and innovative: Entrepreneurs tend to seek out new opportunities and problems to solve. It’s all about being resourceful and understanding what they are passionate about.
2. Accepting risk as a factor: Entrepreneurs understand there is an element of risk in most decisions. They assess the pros and cons and become comfortable with making choices. Hard decisions and new challenges are not things they shy away from.
3. Committing to hard work: Entrepreneurs know they must invest time and resources in order to achieve their goals. The normal 9:00-5:00 work day is not expected. They believe their investment will eventually pay off.
4. Self-motivated: Entrepreneurs are self-starters and motivated to reach goals. They are more likely to meet a challenge head-on rather than delay. They have taken the time to clearly define what it is they want to do and have decided it is worth pursuing.
5. Accepting of change. Smart entrepreneurs constantly evolve. Tweaking their business concepts based on market feedback is necessary and they’re not hindered by changing their products.
Do you have the entrepreneurial mindset?